- Look at your brain profile assessment on page 22. How did you score on Coping with Stress?
- This section explains the impact of brain fitness and stress on the brain’s performance. (See pages 20-21 & 38-49 for Brain Fitness & pages 14-17 for Stress in the Mind Power manual).
- There two ways of coping with stress. Firstly you should take actions to deal with the day to stress you experience. This is a more reactive approach to dealing with stress. This section will be dealing with actions you can take to deal with immediate stresses. Secondly you should also have a pro-active approach to dealing with stress. We will deal more with this approach in modules 4 and 5.
- To get the most from the relaxation exercises that follows, make time to not be disturbed. Find a place where you are as comfortable as possible. even lay down if you want to. Using ear phones will improve the quality of the experiences.
- Total video duration time of all relaxation exercises: 1 Hour 28 minutes.
- Golden Rule: Stress causes people to lose control. It can’t improve performance when people are losing control.
Part 1: Breathing as a Stress Coping Skill
Part 2: Guided Imagery Relaxation Exercises
Part 3: Deep Relaxation Exercise
Part 4: Garden Relaxation Exercise
Part 5: Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercise
Part 6: More Relaxation Suggestions
- Construct a plan of action to cope more effectively with the immediate stress you experience.